Friday, April 11, 2008

Our newest addition (as if having a two year old AND a three year old wasn't enough!)!

I haven't posted in a while and it's been for a good reason. We've been pretty busy here with a lot of things going on.

Meet Bear, our newest addition. Bear is a Labradoodle, part Labrador retriever and part standard poodle. We adopted Bear a couple of weeks ago and he just turned 3 months old on April 14th. He's going to be a big boy. He is currently 23 # and is already 1 1/2 feet high at the withers (shoulders) and again is only 3 months old! The kids just adore him and Max especially likes having someone to boss around. He is a good dog and is doing pretty good as far as potty training goes but he still has accidents at times. As I was taking pictures of him to post, the kids decided they wanted to do a "photo shoot". Here's the kids hamming it up along with some shots of Bear.







Max trying to put on is p.j.'s.

Sonja doing her best supermodel pose.



Sonja doing her "camera smile"

I think this picture gives you an idea of just how big Bear is. Bear, when standing on his back legs, is taller (42 inches!) than Sonja.


Yesterday, (April 17th) was the first anniversary of Max's "Gothcha" day. We had a quiet family celebration with pizza, wings (for Dan and I) and ice cream cake.
We received our fifth wheel camper but getting it home is a WHOLE other story (I'll post about that another time)! We are getting excited about the upcoming camping season and are getting everything ready.
Until next time......

No comments: