Friday, February 27, 2009

"Big Red" and play doh

Our, what seems like, perennial feathered friend, has returned once again! We call him "Big Red" He comes to visit us around this time of year, as well as summer. He's really big! This picture really doesn't give you a good representation of how big he truly is. The kids weren't quite as excited to see him this time as they were preoccupied by other things, but Dan managed to snap a few shots of him.
The other day, we made edible play doh. The kids LOVED it and played with it for almost three hours (with nibble time included!) They love play doh as it is, but have never played with the usual kind you buy in the stores for that long. I think it has to do with being something THEY made, as well as being edible. We used different things to "dress it up" such as dried cranberries, raisons and chocolate chips.
Here Sonja has her snake with it's tongue sticking out (her explaination)
Here's Max's. He ened up eating all of his play doh and then trying to swipe some of Sonja's!
If you want the recipe, here it is

1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup of honey (I used the thick creamy type Billy Bee, but you can use any kind)
1 cup of dried milk powder

Mix all ingredients until combined well. If it's still not thick enough, just add more milk powder a little at a time until it's the consistancy you like.

Have fun with it!!
That's all for now!

Until next time

2 comments:

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

I'd make this for the girls, but I'm afraid I'M the one who would end up eating it all!! Sounds yummy!

Dan and Tina said...

Becky,
I find I'm bummin' bits of it from the kids! It tastes like peanut butter fudge. We made it again today (it's soo easy smeazy) and of course, Max had his gone in no time and was bummin' bits from Sonja to play with(to which she would give him approximately the amount the size of an eraser head!) *L* Gotta laugh!