
This year we celebrated two Thanksgivings. On Thanksgiving day Dan's Mom and Dad invited us over to their home. Visiting from Canada was Great Grandma Green, Dan's grandma and Dan's Auntie Pat. They kindly invited my Mom over also. We had the traditional feast and watched the kids play and dance.
The following Monday we had our second Thanksgiving here at our home. My sister, her daughter Ana and boyfriend Billy came along with Dan's parents came. My mother was unable to come due to her health but I sent over a plate for her to enjoy at home.
We have much to be thankful for. Grandma is 89 and in good health, relatively speaking. My Mom's health has improved slightly. We are blessed with two healthy and happy children that I thank God for everyday. I have a wonderful husband that is also my best friend. I have my best friend and sister Vicky, with which we share the same mind sometimes. I have many good friends, Heather, Mimi, Karen, Nancy G, Carol, Suzi, who I don't know what I would do without, although I don't get to see them nearly as much as I'd like. I am blessed richly!!!!
Below are a few pictures taken at Dan's parents house.

Max, Sonja and Great Grandma Green. In this picture Max is trying to wink at me. I think it's so funny because he crinkles up his nose, squints both eyes and smiles a little smile, all the while saying "Eeee".

Sonja and Max with Dan's Auntie Pat, also from Canada. The kids just love her! Sonja remembers her each time she comes and runs over to give her a big hug. Max on the other hand just watched from a safe distance at first ; ) As you can see he quickly warmed up to her.

Sonja, Nana (my mom) and Max. Max looks like he's saying "Uncle Sam wants YOU!" doesn't he? It seems he frequently does the finger pointing thingy when he gets his picture taken. Why? We don't really know but I think it's cute!

Dan, Great Grandma Green, Max and Sonja. Sonja decided she wanted to show us her belly-button!
It was great to see Grandma and Pat on our American Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment