Well, tonight I converted Max's crib into a youth bed.
I thought it would be a good thing to do on the weekend since Dan is going to be home and not having to get up for work. The reason being that I suspected a protracted bedtime routine due to the change. Well, I was right! Max was sooooo excited to be in a "Big Boy" bed like Sonja's "Big Girl" bed, he was literally trembling and squealing with delight!!! It was so cute! He kept pointing to where the crib drop rail was previously and saying "Uht Oh!" We told him "You've got a big boy bed now Maxie!" and he would squeal and tremble some more!!
After all of our "Goodnights!" and "I Love You's" were said, we went downstairs. That's when all the fun began. As soon as we got down into the livingroom, we started hearing little feet skampering across the floor upstairs, followed by Sonja saying "Mommy, Maxie's out of bed!"
Here we go....
Dan and I would take turns saying "Max! Get into bed and go to sleep!" followed by little feet running back. This went on a couple of times until I went up and found both Max and Sonja whispering to each other in Sonja's room (no doubt conspiring against Mommy and Daddy!). "Get into bed! Both of you!" I said. Sonja then says "Mommy, can I sleep in Maxie's bed?" (I thought that was going to happen, but I thought Max would be the one squeezing into Sonja's bed with her!) Well.... I thought... why not. I told Sonja to grab her blanket and 1 "guy" (as she calls them) and then walked with both of them into Max's room. Max quickly got into bed followed by Sonja, but they were kind of crowded and I didn't want either one of them getting pushed out of bed. I decided, maybe they should sleep in the daybed in Max's room. So, out of Max's bed and into the daybed. They were both tickled pink!!! They looked sooo cute snuggling and giggling together in that bed.
Again, I went downstairs thinking.....Ahhh..... time to relax.....WRONG!
Of course, I hear the pitter-patter of little feet upstairs followed by Sonja saying "Uh Oh Mommy!" (arrrhhh.....) "GET INTO BED MAX!". I hear the little feet running again across the upstairs floor again. After this going on a few times Dan decided he needed to intervene. He tip-toed up the stairs and busted Max right in the act, scaring him into running and screaming back into his room and flying onto the bed. Dan says, "That's it! Sonja, you go and get into your bed. Max! Get into bed NOW!"
Silence......
Moments later, Dan walks down the stairs and is just about to sit down when Sonja yells out "Daddy! You didn't read me a story!" Dan just looks at me with that "You got to be kidding me" look, and then yells up to Sonja "It's way past your bedtime Sonja. Please go to bed. We'll get up in the morning and have some fun".
A little crying about the no story thing and then nothing.... I think they're slipping into dreamland......FINALLY!
Just as I was writing this blog, back up a couple of paragraphs, I heard a "thump" upstairs. Someone has fallen out of bed. I put my laptop down and upstairs I go!
I walk down the hall and look into Sonja's room and see her arm through her bed canopy. I procede to Max's room and look in to see him getting back into bed. No crying, just getting back to the business of sleeping. He tries to settle into bed but his blankets, "guys" and pillows are where he's trying to lie down. I go over and he sees me. He starts again with the wiggling and giggling and gives me the BIGGEST smile. I move the items out of the way and put some of them at the end of the bed. As I lean over to give him a kiss, he says and signs at the same time "I ahhh ooohh!" which is I love you in Max-ese..... It doesn't get any better than that!!!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment