Thursday, March 6, 2008

The "Poop Rewards" and the "worry stone"

Sonja is fully potty trained.....Yahoo!!

Thank goodness for "Poop Rewards". Aside from Sonja, I give half the credit of potty training Sonja to the "Poop Rewards.

I know... I know... you're asking "What is the "Poop Rewards" Tina?" Well... let me tell you.... It's a tried and true way to basically bribe....er... I mean... reward for good behavior. We used stickers and the much loved M&M's. I'm sure her dentist isn't going to be too pleased about it but hey...you gotta do what you gotta do right?

As for Max, he's totally lost interest in it. He's taken on a new interest, which Dan has coined the phrase, "his very own "worry_stone"! I'm not sure how to say it in a delicate way, so let's just say he keeps it with him all the time, it's perminately attached to his body and he keeps it in his pants. Yup..... you guessed it!

I try to put him on the potty at the appropriate times and as soon as the pants come off, everything goes down hill from there. You'd think he was up against Bobby Fischer in a championship game of chess by the look on his face!
I sometimes worry that this "worry_stone" behavior will become permanent. I think all parents worry to some degree when a child does something that is socially unacceptable in the adult world (picking your nose and/or bum, bullying behavior etc...) that it will develop into some kind of habit or obsession.
Let's just hope that he grows tired of this fasination with the "worry_stone" and moves onto something else.... like potty training!

Until next time.....

No comments: