
This past weekend, we decided to take a trip to the Thousand Island area and go camping. We landed at Wellseley Island. It is a nice campground that has a nice playground, marina, store (that doesn't sell alcoholic beverages) and also has other attractions nearby. I liked it because they have full hook-up campsites complete with septic.....YIPPEEE!!! No dump station smell and wait.
Anyway, we had a nice relaxing time.

We didn't arrive until the evening and we set up camp, ate and had a campfire. It was really quiet with only a few campers here and there which was nice. I'm not a big fan of jam packed campgrounds for the most part, but I don't mind it once in a while.

Saturday morning, I was able to sleep-in while Dan tended to the kids. The last time we went camping I was able to sleep-in too! I could get accustomed to that!!
While I was sleeping, Dan fed the little monkeys the breakfast of champions......

Juicy juice and Pop-Tarts.....Not exactly my choice but I know the kids LOVED IT!!!!

During their little "adventures" (as Sonja calls them) the kids captured this large moth. Sonja grew attached to this moth and we told her that we must release him (or her) so it could rejoin his "moth family". After all, they were probably worried sick about him being gone so long!!!!
At home, Sonja has two spiders that she keeps in a jar in her bedroom. She definitely doesn't take after me as far as that goes.... I CANNOT STAND SPIDERS!!!

Bear giving Dan the "hairy eyeball"
Needless to say, he's getting groomed next week for the first time (besides me cutting his "bangs" and around his eyes once). It should be interesting how he does. Dan and I tried to groom him ourselves but as you can see it didn't quite work out as we planned. I can't wait to see how he'll look after. It'll be nice to see his sweet eyes.



Sonja wanted to have a campfire.....can you tell? I think her big thing for wanting a campfire is the whole smores thingy. The sooner the campfire, the sooner the "smores-athon" starts. Her second favorite part is cooking the marshmallows....but WATCH OUT!!!! She's deadly....waving those hot, melting marshmallows to and fro without regard for life or limb!!!

Well, after relaxing on the weekend, we returned home. Max had his team medical evaluation. We left the same day as a bad storm hit the area. We waited until we thought it was over but what we didn't think about was the aftermath. Trees down, along with power lines. We saw trees that had fell and crushed the roofs of houses and snapped in two! I took pictures with my cell phone and will try to download them. It took us 45 minutes to travel 5 miles! We finally arrived after hours and hours and hours of driving, or as I should say, crawling!
I'll post about it soon.
Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment