Monday, June 2, 2008

Sonja's Dance recital

A couple of weeks ago, Sonja had her dance recital. She was very excited about dressing up and also that she would be on stage. I hadn't been going with her to dance class, Dan had been taking her so her performance was going to be a surprise for me. I will be posting a video as soon as Dan downloads it to my computer.
Max also went along to see the performance. Here he looks as if to say "What am I doing here with all of these girls!" He became excited when he would see Sonja or his cousins up on stage.
Sonja, along with her cousin Luci, performed "Itsy Bitsy spider" and the "Chicken Dance". During the "Chicken Dance" Sonja decided she didn't need an audience, she was going to do her own thing! They were suppose to start with their backs to the audience, then turn to the audience.....but not Sonja. She was gettin' down all by herself. She would have continued if her cousin Luci hadn't helped turn her toward the audience. After that, it took her a little while to get back into "her groove" but she did. She certainly has an original butt shake! I think it's more like a combination "butt wiggle/ noodle leg move" myself. It's not actually graceful but really more comedic in nature. There's always a "wiggle" delay which makes it even more funny to me. We had a lot of people come up after the show and tell us that her little shenanigans were the best part of the show! I'm not holding my breath to have her be a ballerina. I think Sonja's more the Kung fu martial arts kid myself. We'll see how that goes this fall.

In the video I'm going to post, you'll also see a little girl on the left hand side getting right into it. That little girl was the same girl that cried herself off stage during their other performance in March in the video I posted then. What a difference a couple of months make!

I'll post that video too Amy!!!! ( just so you won't be mad!) :-)
Until next time......

No comments: