This is my favorite time of the year!
I have always wondered if people favor that season in which they are born? It seems be be true for most people I know. I love it because of the colors of nature. Everything is changing. The sunsets are beautiful oranges, pinks and reds. The leaves on all of our maple trees up to our land are turning beautiful shades of red, orange, green and brown. It's just so breathtaking! Even the squirrels coats are turning for the coming winter.
Speaking of decorating, we have been in the process since before Max came home redecorating/ remodeling and... well.... having a run on things breaking.
We started renovating our master bath the January before Max came. We had put linoleum in our bathroom when we built our house in 1994. We decided we'd go with the middle of the road stuff, as far as quality goes, to save on money, and we knew we'd probably want to change things in about 10 years or so to update it. The linoleum had some water damage to it near our whirlpool bath, so Dan decided he'd take it up and tile. As for the whirlpool tub, we had a small leak and fixing it was going to be a major project due to it being built in so we waited until we were going to do other work. A close family friend is a fantastic carpenter, and does beautiful work, so I thought he could build us a new bath vanity and wall cabinets for storage. He did a phenomenal job! We haven't completed it yet due to Max coming home, having two toddlers 14 months apart, surgeries etc etc. I hope that it's completed soon (hint hint). Thank God we have two other bathrooms or I'd be climbing the walls right about now!
Anyways, we've recently painted in the Great room, foyer and master bedroom hallway. Dan and I LOVE the colors
If she thinks that's bad, she'll really drop when she sees the color we're going to paint the picture wall in the foyer (which is 30 feet high. That's a lot of color!)!
As far as things breaking....
Our microwave went up on us. It was just a fairly cheapo model and it was a counter top one (which I didn't like). Dan went out and purchased an above the range microwave with vent hood. It was kind of a big project because Dan didn't want the cabinet above the Micro/vent higher than the rest (I was hoping he would leave the other cabinets where they were). Dan took all of the cabinets down and rehung them.
Then...
Our T.V. went up on us that day! Dan was switching off breakers (so he wouldn't get electrocuted) and must have tripped the T.V. breaker. Even though it was plugged into a surge protector, it still damaged the T.V. We had a spare in our basement that was once in Max's room before he came. We used it for a while until our new T.V. came. Dan purchased a big LCD T.V. I'm just happy we can mount it on the wall, and away from little hands! We'll do that as soon as the alcove is painted.
Now our refrigerator is also on the blink! Mostly the freezer/ ice maker part. We have a spare in the basement Dan uses for "refreshments" that we can use in a pinch until we get a new one. Ours is 14 years old so it's not new. I've got my eye on the model with the freezers on the bottom. Hopefully our current one will hold out for a little while longer. If it doesn't though, I won't be too terribly upset.
Well, I guess I should close this one here.
Next time I'll post a little about Dan's new invention he made for the kids!
Until next time!!
Much love too all!



1 comment:
Now you have me anxiously awaiting the completion of the painting job. Sometimes I watch those home improvement shows and they use colors that you normally don't even think about. However, the end product is always spectacular.
That said, others might not care for your color scheme, however if it works for you and turns out to be the look you were going for, that's all that counts.
It seems that whenever one thing goes out, there's a stream behind it. You must take pictures of the new refrigerator, when you get it. I'd actually enjoy seeing pictures of all the remodeling/renovation or just changes made.
I love that you always seem to have your camera ready. I use to be that way when the kids were younger. Actually, I still take a lot of pictures but it's the unscheduled events that make wonderful memories too. You just have to be ready for those kodak moments the little ones come up with.
I have two small grandchildren. Tanira is 6 and Jaeden will be 6 in November. It's so true that kids say, and do, the darndest things.
Take care and as always, thanks for sharing.
You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Janice
Post a Comment