Friday, September 12, 2008

Sonja goes to school!

Sonja started UPK September 4th. She was so excited! I gently woke her in the morning to prepare for the day and she practically sprung from the bed!

I helped her dress and, of course, she wanted to wear her dress (one she's had) instead of the new clothes I bought for her! Oh well.....still a nice choice.

We went to school to meet her new teacher and returned home after filling out the necessary paperwork.

The following day, she woke up without and alarm, or being woke up! Everyday since, she wakes up by herself right around 6:45 - 7:00am! Good girl!

On September 8th, I picked up Sonja at school. On the way home, she informed me that she was class leader and that the teacher gave her the show and tell bag. Sonja chose to bring Grandma's "Corduroy" stuffed bear (which she loves, as does the other grandchildren). I guess all went well because when asked how show and tell went, Sonja said "O.K. Everyone played with Corduroy."
Almost everyday, Sonja brings home an art project she made in school, along with some story of the day. On Tuesday, Sonja was telling me about her day and without missing a beat she said "Oh and a girl puked on the desk, in the forth row!" Nice..... I guess I'll be on puke watch for the next week or so.....
This picture was taken right after dinner on the first day of school, at Dan's desk. I guess sleeping is not going to be a problem for her!
Take care!

Until next time.....

1 comment:

Janice said...

Poor thing just konked right out on the chair. lol!!

That just shows she's having a good time with school and that she's also active.