Well, I watched the Presidential debate last night.
I have been a supporter of John McCain due to his stance on security and abortion.
I cannot express to you in words how much I hate abortion. I feel there is little reason in today's society for abortion except for extreme emergencies, incest and rape considering all the available means of birth control which you can get very cheap or FREE in some cases! Also, being a person unable to conceive, I feel murdering these precious babies is the most heinous act perpetrated by the human race. So many people would LOVE to adopt those babies being killed!
I stand with Obama on most issues, especially health and education, but the abortion issue is the big elephant in the living room for me. I'm leaning more toward Obama at this point but I'm going to have to research his stance on abortion more.
McCain came out with guns a blazin', made some good points, but Obama was cool, calm and came across, to me, as more sincere, and addressed the attacks against him well. Dan felt the same way. Dan, being a Canadian, can't vote in our elections, but ironically was sent a picture of John McCain and Sarah Palin that asked for his vote (I didn't get one)!
It's a really tough choice for me to make. I've only got 3 weeks to decide, so my research continues.
How will YOU vote?
Take care and take it easy!
Until next time...
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Im exactly with you. I actually appreciate both candidates passion and love for our country. Whats going to determine it for me is figuring out this forwarded email I got with quotes from Obamas books. If I find they are accurate I can not vote for him.
Did you watch the talk with Rick Warren a few months ago? That was awesome I really enjoyed listening to both candidates say that they believe in scripture and Jesus Christ.
I have not posted here before and I think this is the first polital comment I have ever left..Sorry
Hi Amy!
No need to apologize!:-)
Congratulations on your upcoming adoption of your soon to be baby girl!!!!YEAH! WOOWHOOO!
So happy to hear when someone chooses adoption!
I went to some of your blogs, very nice! I can't wait to see the nursery when it's finished!
I didn't get to see the Rick Warren interview. I have watched all of the debates though, am a news addict, and I am still stuck between them. It's the abortion issue for me that's holding my full support back from Obama. I only wish John McCain wasn't so "Big business". Oh...and the health care thing is a big issue too.
So, my research continues.
About the Obama quotes you mentioned, may I ask what they were?
Take care!
Post a Comment