Sunday, November 9, 2008

Off to get my head examined (along with other body parts as well)!

We started out early this am for our long trip to the city. We brought the kids over to G-ma's and G-pa's and they were as happy as little clams. We then loaded up the car and off we went.

As we drove, you couldn't help but notice, it was so quiet! It seemed so strange not having the sounds of little voices chatting away. The weather was cloudy and the air crisp. Kind of a sleepy sort of day. No sleep in the near future for us though.
The countryside is very calming as we drove over hill and down into the valley's. After several hours the city life was starting the take shape.
From the winding one road countryside, to four lane highways.
Even the graveyards population is greater than many of our local townships combined.
From green mountains, to mountains of steel.
As we passed the city, I wished we had the kids with us and were staying for a while, maybe next time if I have to return.

We finally arrived at our hotel on Long Island. It is very nice and quite comfortable. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable. Asking what brings us here, Dan tells them of my appointment and they immediately say "Oh they are GREAT! We have people from all over the world come here to be treated by them." Our doorman hands us a printout of a woman's business card with her website that he said she wished to share with others that are being treated for Chiari, and to bring awareness to Chiari.

We ordered room service and the food was excellent and the portions huge. We should have shared a meal as they brought up so much food. The room attendant also gave us a few salads and some tasty hummus, compliments of the hotel.

The neighborhood is very nice. Many nice shops and upscale shopping, all within walking distance. Maybe if I'm really lucky I'll get done early tomorrow and we can see some sights and take a few pictures, but I'm not counting on it.

Well, tomorrow is a long day, about 10 hours of testing, so I'm going to check my paperwork and hit the sack.

I'll try to update tomorrow night if I'm not too beat and it's not too late.

Until next time....

1 comment:

lace1070 said...

Hi from a fellow chiarian in upstate, NY. Good luck with your TCI appt ~ THey are my doc too and such a wonderful group of professionals. Know that whatever the plan, you are in good hands.
Hugs ~ Lace
http://livelovelaugh-lace1013.blogspot.com/