Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Adoption Day Anniversary!!!

Happy Adoption Day!

In my previous post, I mentioned that on July 4th we celebrated Sonja's anniversary of her adoption.

It's been 3 years since we adopted Sonja. It feels like she's been with us always!

Here's a little look back in time 3 years ago, to one of the best days in our lives!
Big Daddy, with tear filled eyes, holding his baby girl.....priceless......
She was sooooo tiny!!! She was 10 1/2 months on "Gotcha" and only weighed 14 pounds! Just like dynamite though, big things come in small packages!
FIRST BATH!!!
She was a little hesitant, but within a few minutes she was having a ball!!!
To this day, she likes those stacking blocks shown in the bath with her. We brought them with us when we adopted Max and he also loves them. I guess I'll have to divide them up to put in their memory boxes when the time comes.
Sleepy little peanut.
Sonja after her first taste of Popsicles, and her little Popsicle face (notice: big smile, red stained face and gummers!)
She had the tiniest little arms and legs.
She'll soon be 4 years old and starting Pre-K! She's so excited and promises to teach Max everything she learns in school.

On August 1st, Dan and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary!!!! In actuality, we've been together for 21 years. We pretty much grew up together. We were in the same homeroom in high school, hung around together as friends throughout high school and beyond, and well.... the rest is history!

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time......

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Tina,

The kids have grown right up since last summer. I hope to see you guys again this year. Congrats on 16 years....Brett and I just celebrated 8 - we've been together 13 total. Glad to see we aren't the only high school sweethearts.
Also congrats on Sonja's anniv. Take Care.

Dan and Tina said...

Hi Kelly!
So good to hear from you!
We're hoping to get to the LuckeySmiles get together again this year. I'll know in the next few days if we can. I'm anxious to get the pathfinder stuff going. Hope to see you in person soon!!
Take care!
Oh...and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!