Monday, August 25, 2008

O.K....So I haven't been the best at keeping up with blogging lately (understatement of the year!).

I am so far behind in this blog, it'll take forever to catch up.

I guess I never will unless I start!

The pictures from this posting was taken back in July on our trip to a small theme camping spot.

It's very quaint and has a few things for the children to do. They have a few scheduled things throughout the day for kids to participate in as well a having a theme every week. It's not like the bigger campgrounds that have tons of things for the kids to do, but it was fun for the kids for a few days and that's what counts.

At certain times throughout the day, they have "wagon rides". The morning after we arrived, Sonja woke up bright and early (as per her usual) and was dressed and ready to go (see picture above of her on her bike).
Max, on the other hand, takes a little while to wake up and get his bearings (see picture above).

Daddy, Sonja and Max headed out to go for a wagon ride while I stayed back at the camper and hung out, as I was feeling a little under the weather. Max was excited at first to go for a ride, that is until he saw the big furry weird looking bear wearing the an ugly green hat....Oh.. and his little pal Boo Boo too.

Everyone is all smiles, singing songs and fun was being had by all.....
except for Max.
He wanted nothing to do with this whole thing.
Notice the tear just under his eye? That's due to the weird looking bear looking at him. He broke right down crying. As long as he stayed his distance, no one was gonna get hurt. One false move by the creepy bear and it was going to be a cry-fest.
Sonja, on the other hand, was loving it! She sat along side the other kids and joined right in.

Sonja: Maxie.... come on! It's O.K. Come sit with me!
Max wasn't falling for it!


Maxie thinking: Hmmmm.... those people don't seem to be too afraid.
Max approaches the big, green, weird looking bear with extreme caution. One sudden move and Max would be running like crazy, crying his head off all the way.
Max: The big weird bear hasn't killed anyone so far!
Max decides to throw caution to the wind and go in for a hug.
Max and Sonja playing with their friends.
Sonja, 3 going on 16
While camping, we met some friends, the B family. Sonja immediately hit it off with their son, Chesney. Since that trip, that's all we hear about is Chesney, Chesney, Chesney. If you click on the picture above, you'll see she's just smitten by him.
and also in this picture
He was just as crazy about her too. Oh... and he's an older man.... the ripe ol' age of 6!

Here Chesney adjusts the necklace he gave to Sonja as a gift! Awe.....how sweet!
This is a picture of Chesney's other family members (minus Derrick the dad). Rachel (Mom) is on the right, along with big sister and brother Brittney and Jordan.

Great people that we hope to see soon!

Well, that's all for now!

Until next time.....

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hi Tina,

It looks and sounds like you guys had a great time camping. I haven't been camping since I was a child but I remember how much fun it was.

I love the pictures of Sonja and Max above. Your narative was so funny with Maxie afraid of Yogi and Sonja going for an older man. LOL!!!

Thank you for sharing your family fun. It was terrific!!!

Take care,
Janice