I have an older camera Dan purchased for me. At the time, I was thinking about taking up photography as something that I could do after my injury in 1999.
My aspirations were put on hold when life, as it does, threw me some curve balls, one of them being my father becoming gravely ill. My first priority was to be by his side in the sunset of his life. That time was precious. He passed away July 2001. He was 75 years old.
The camera was put aside. We dug it out when we took our trip to Rome Italy and then to adopt Sonja. Dan later purchased a very small camera before our trip for Max, which is the camera that has been used most of the time. Occasionally we would use the old camera. Even though it is quite heavy, and is several years old, it still takes much better pictures than our new "mini" camera.
I recently took the old camera out of the moth balls and used it. To my surprise, there were these images on the card.
These pictures were taken around July of last year. I can't BELIEVE the change in Max since that time!!! Take a look for yourself!
As you can see in the picture, Max was still doing quite a bit of drooling due to his lip still not repaired and his palate fistula.
We sure went through A LOT of bibs in a day!
He would sometimes soak through his bib, and then through his shirt, which would leave his skin cold, irritated and sometimes chaffed, poor little guy.
Now, he HATES bibs, but will wear one when he needs to for eating.
They still love Daddy's horsey rides though... I don't think that will change....at least for a while.
Until next time.....



No comments:
Post a Comment