Tuesday, September 9, 2008

HAPPY 4 TH BIRTHDAY SONJA!!!!

On September 1st, Sonja celebrated her birthday with family with a small birthday party. Even though we were going to have another party for her, we wanted the day celebrated. Although it was small, the fun had was big. Aunt Vicky bought princess costumes for Sonja and Ana, and also little gizmos and gadgets from a discount store for added fun. Grandma and Grandpa came over too. Sonja was so happy!
I'm not sure what this look is all about. I believe it was due to the earring placement because she later complained that they hurt.
Frosting face
I thought that a princess dress and accessories were nice presents for her birthday from Dan and I, but Dan had other plans.....

Above, Sonja's expression as she opens her princess dress.
All smiles
The little princess... or..I mean...Queen, adjusts her tiara. :-)

On Saturday the 6th, we held a birthday get together with friends and family. It started out as a cool day, turning warm, and then back to cool (I think even cold!) Even with all of the ups and downs of the temperature, the fun was pretty steady!
The look on Sonja's face as she first sees her cake!
Blow out the candles......1.......2.....
.......3..........4.........
I DID IT!!!!!
Cousin Drew having fun.
Max does NOT look impressed.
Ana getting ready to go into the bounce house.
"5 little monkeys jumping in the bounce house".......
Nana happily looks on as the kids bounce around.
I see you!
I see you too!
Chase showing off one of his party favors.
Luci intoxicated with sugar.
Sarah makes her best innocent look.
Sonja working hard to open her gifts.
Sonja driving her birthday gift from Daddy.... a gator. His reasoning for such a gift is that it serves as a gift for both Sonja and Max........ O.K.....whatever you say Dad. Sarah rides shotgun as Sonja shows off her driving skills..... She's pretty good!
Sonja let all of the kids drive it themselves, well except for Chase.....he's just too big! You would never know he's the same age as Drew! He's a big kid just like his Daddy.
Max takes his turn riding shotgun.
"Hold on Maxie!"


Maxie's had enough of Sonja's driving.
Max: "let me show you how it's done! Hey, where's the gas pedal on this thing anyway"
Dan finishes the day off with a redneck summer sled ride (with Bear barking and chasing the 4 wheeler pretty much the entire time)!

Well, Sorry it took me a while to post (Amy :-)).

I'll post again in the next couple of days.

Until next time!!!
Much love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like evryone had a good time! i wish my kids could go back and small again.

Janice said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Sonja!!!!

It appears as though she had a GREAT time!! Everyone had fun and there's lots of smiles, laughter and together time. AWESOME!

BTW, the little ones here get those types of birthday or christmas gifts. They're so much fun, especially when they have room to really ride around and have fun. It's so true, they can both enjoy it.

Janice

KJ Callaway said...

does that mean they are going to help with yard work now?!

lol

KJ

Dan and Tina said...

I hope so, although I'd prefer housework! ;-)