Monday, January 14, 2008

The Man with the "magic" hands!!!

This is Max's craniofacial pediatric plastic surgeon, Dr. Tatum. I can't say enough about what a wonderful job I think he did. This picture was taken about a minute after Dr. Tatum removed the "button" sutures from Max's nose. Max tolerated the removal very well.

There was a Chinese intern observing Max's post op evaluation and then left immediately after, giving us a wave goodbye as he left. I wonder if he is learning so he can return to China and hopefully help children like Max? I certainly hope so.

Max will see Dr. Tatum again in a few months when he returns for a team evaluation. The team will evaluate his speech, dentition, facial structure and symmetry, hearing and social-emotional development among other things.

After Max's appointment, we went to the mall to get a bite to eat and, of course, ride the merry-go-round. I did a little shopping for the kids and then we all headed home.

Max is healing well and is looking better every day.

I would like to thank everyone who kept Max in their thoughts and prayers. It's appreciated very much. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful families and friends!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments: