Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Wow!!! Busy, Busy, Busy.

We have had a lot of things going on and I just haven't had much time to get caught up on the blogging thing. Oh... and if you haven't noticed I haven't dusted off the ceiling fans in a while either.....YUCK!!!! ( kind of hard when they're 20 feet in the air!) Just try and focus on the Christmas tree instead...or better yet.... do the cross your eyes thingy while looking at the tree! Remember that one!

Well, I guess I'll start with the most important news to share

Max is scheduled for his surgery this Friday (January 4th). He will have his lip repaired, some work done on his nose, a P.E. tube placed in his right ear, and possibly a little touch of work to his palate.

I must say I'm more nervous for this surgery than I was for his first! There is a lot riding on the outcome of this surgery and his future. He has an excellent craniofacial team so I know he's in good hands but being the worry-wart that I am, I'm of course, still worried.

We expect Max to stay overnight at the hospital and if he eats and drinks well and his pain level is managed, he will go home Saturday!!! Some children stay for a couple of days but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Could you keep Max in your thoughts and prayers?

Well, in other news.......

The kids have been getting busy and making some Christmas gifts for Grandma, Grandpa and Nana. They absolutely love doing crafts and look forward to craft time everyday. Sonja will say "Mommy..... is it "cratts" time yet!!!

Anyway..... here are some of their priceless works of art!!!

Here Max uses some red paint to the piece of egg carton which will soon be transformed into a beautiful flower pot. Notice his brush stroke technique! ( hehehe) A little bit here.....

....and a little bit there!!!!! Wallah! Zee body is zee best canvas Oui Oui!!!!


Sonja uses the " stick out the tongue as you paint' technique! A very difficult move! :-)



and.....Wallah!!!!!!!! Perfect!!!!!!
After they finished painting the egg carton piece and it dried, we glued in a piece of floral foam and covered that with peat. They each picked out the type and color of flowers they wanted to use and with my help, inserted the stems into the floral foam along with some miniature pine cones. They were so proud of them and that evening, we took them over to Grandma's and Grandpa's house ( they couldn't wait for Christmas). Nana will get hers for Christmas.




The next gift project was "boxes of love". They each painted a jewelry box (I had laying around collecting dust) and let them dry. After they dried, we glued small metallic confetti hearts to the outside of the box and also put a few inside (even though they are not meant to be opened but sometimes the recipients get a little nosey :-) Glued a grosgrain ribbon around it and attach the following poem with some string.
This is a very special gift
That you can never see.
The reason it's so special is,
it's just for you from me.
Whenever you are happy,
or even feeling blue,
you only have to hold
this gift and know
I think of you.
You never can unwrap it.
Please leave the ribbon tied.
Just hold the box close
to your heart,
it's filled with love inside.


They were a hit with the grandparents.
On the 23rd, we had Christmas at Dan's parents house along with Deano( Dan's brother), Becky and their girls Drew and Luci.
The kids enjoyed themselves and then came home with their little goodies.


OH NO!!! Emergency!!!! Sonja has some paint on her elbow!!!!! She has to have it washed off and quick!!!
She is so funny about getting dirty like that.

Max getting right into it with his paint brush. Painting the box and......

again.....painting himself!!!!!!


The two peanutheads snuggling in for a little nap on the couch..... well at least until Sonja says " Mommy he's laying too close!....... I Can't sleep!" in a whiney little voice.



Outside enjoying the snow and bundled up like little Michelin men!!!


Christmas eve day we made Christmas cookies....for Santa of course. They love to help cook and especially love to mix the ingredients together.......FOREVER!!!!! This year, I opted to get the pre-made cookie dough. They both wanted to roll it out ( in some areas it was so thin you could see through it!) and took turns doing so. Sonja was really good at using the cookie cutters while Max on the other hand, only managed to successfully make one lonely maple leaf cookie, but most importantly, they had a ball!



Max is more of the "quality assurance" type of guy. As you can see above, he checks the palatability of the dough. I think it passed the test because he checked it several times!


Ahhhh...... and "don't forget the sprinkles Mom" Sonja says.





Yeah..... lots of sprinkles..... and frosting too!



On Christmas eve night, we went to my sisters home to celebrate with her and my niece Ana.
Dan was the camera guy for the evening and he caught this one of my Mom, which she was so upset. She didn't want it taken because she said she was in her "bummy" clothes. I love her regardless of what she wears!


Here Sonja and Max help set the table and put the food on the table for Aunt Vicky.


One of Sonja's gifts was a Hannah Montana" wig. She couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror. I think she was curious to see herself as a blonde.




One of Max's gifts was a little peoples ride on bus. He is CRAZY about it!!! He rode it all over Vicky's house making it play the little song.


Chase, Vicky's boyfriend son, pushes Max around the house on his new ride.


After all of the fun at Aunt Vicky's house, we took the loot and headed home to get ready for Santa. After the kids had their bath and got into the P.J.'s, they posed for a few pics.
Check out the little ham bones.....








Sonja could hardly wait to get the Santa dishes and load them up with Santa and reindeer snacks.

Sonja and Max's letter to Santa.

Sonja was so excited to leave Santa some cookies and milk she and Max made along with a note to him. She also left carrots for the reindeer.


Max recently started going through this little phase where he doesn't like people to sing. Sonja and I were singing a song and here you can see Max yelling " AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Go figure! I didn't think my singing was that bad!

Max and Sonja had their own Chritmas trees in their room which they helped decorate Here is Max's little Charlie Brown tree. It's one of those little fiber optic ones el cheapo, but Max likes it.



Sonja had a white tree in her room. She just loved it and didn't want me to take it down. After Christmas, she pleaded with me to keep it up.



A few days after Christmas, we had an evening outside playing in the new snow.





Draggin' 360's on Grandpa's slippery driveway




Max locked and loaded for his redneck ride!


Daddy and Max


Little gigglehead himself

Max and Sonja with their semi-homemade "Yo Gabba Gabba masks.

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!
I would like to ask all of you who see this to keep those people who are separated from their loved ones, have lost a loved one, the lonely, the elderly, and all those who haven't family to share this beautiful season with, in your thoughts and prayers.



No comments: