Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sunshine, cattle rustlers and the little joys of everyday life!

We recently had contact with some relatives, who live in the far reaches of Northern Canada. Sunshine and light is somewhat scarce these days there. I was telling Sonja that her Auntie who lives way up near Santa ;-) says that they don't have very much sun right now. An hour or so later Sonja, as usual, wanted to do crafts (even though we did them earlier in the day) and I told her she could. She decided she wanted to paint (no surprize there, paint markers, all the fun messy stuff). I asked her if she wanted to paint a picture for this particular Aunt and she said "Sure!". Above is the picture she painted. It's a picture of "Aunt Suzi and her fadder" but they are both sun's.
Aunt Suzi complete with sparkles!

Aunt Suzi's "fadder". He too is complete with sparkles!
I'm sure this isn't the sun you miss so much Aunt Suzi, but maybe it will still brighten your day!
P.S. Give a little sunshine to Uncle Skip too!

Max and his "masterpiece"! I think the forehead paint is a look he seems to be into these days!

Max's incision line is healing well but I have noticed a thickening to his left nares and also the left side of the lip suture. I know scar tissue is ging to form there. I only hope he doesn't form a nasty keloid. I apply mederma to the incision line and massage it as directed by the doctor. I know in time, any scar tissue that forms will relax and stretch. If there is any keloid formation, he will more than likely have to undergo more surgery when he gets older to revise the incision. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, things are going great! He's verbalizing much more than before the surgery both coherent and incoherent. It's almost like he's seeing what he can do with his new lips etc! He's making little noises we've never heard before. Another thing he's decided he'd take up is whimpering like a puppy. He does this while crawling on his hands and knees and will take his hand and "paw" you like a puppy begging for something. I wonder where he picked that up from?!? It couldn't possibly be Sonja!
Anyways.... below are a few pictures of Maxie.







Well, our sprayer on our kitchen faucet wasn't working very well so Dan decided to see what the problem was. He thought initially that it was something in the sprayer itself but that turned out not to be the case. We went to the hardware store and bought a new faucet and sprayer set. I love it and the sprayer seems to have much more force but it's a much better set than our previous one. Here Dan does a little handyman work while Maxie helped with the tools.


Passing tools to Daddy is tough work and the kids seemed to have worked up an appetite. Oreo cookies, as you can see, was the snack of choice.

"Here Daddy, You're working hard" "Eat Papa Eat!!!!!!"


While I was sanding down the walls in the bathroom, Dan kept the kids busy. I came out to find Sherriff Sonja caught herself one bad ombre' ..... Dangerous Dan, the cattle rustler. Sherriff Sonja had the situation totally under control and Dangerous securely behind the baby gate!


Here you can see her tough steely looks.

Dangerous Dan is foiled again. Wha....wha....wha.......

Dangerous Dan's sidekick, "The Nibbler". Don't let the baby faced looks fool you! He's known best for his deadly secret weapon.........knock out diapers!
Until next time.......














No comments: