About our trip home, we left Guangzhou to fly home on the 25th. Although we wanted to go home, we were saddened we would be leaving. Here are a few pictures of our final hours in China and our trip home.
Frank playing with Max again. Max absolutely loves Frank and smiles at him often.


Friendly and kind Jack. Jack was part of the special forces in China's military. Between Frank and Jack, we always felt safe and well taken care of.
A last farewell photo taken by Dan. From L to R is Jack, Tina Miles holding Aiyana, Daddy Steve Miles, myself with Max in his stroller (hiding under his blanket) and Frank.
It was an emotional Good-bye for me knowing it will be sometime before we see Frank and Jack again. They are wonderful people and I will be forever grateful for their help in formimg our family. I will also miss China. The rich history and culture of China along with the warmth of the people, will forever enchant me and draw me to this amazing land. Our children will return with us and we will teach them about their birth country and it's people, especially Frank and Jack, our red thread family.
Max taking a nap before our flight.
Peek!
A few pictures taken somewhere over Hong Kong


Oh yah man, cool tunes.

The sweetie pies!!!
At the risk of sounding like a braggart, I can't help but say our little guy is beautiful!!!
Max flirted with the ladies behind us on the plane and they of course gave him a treat.....cookies! I swear he has hollow legs or something. I don't know where he puts all of the food that he eats.
" Are we there yet!!!"
So happy to be home!!! Dan, myself holding Max and our travelmate and friend Tina Miles holding beautiful little Aiyana. Max looks like he's trying to flirt with Aiyana. Like a lady, Aiyana politely ignores his flirtations.
Grandma holding Max for the first time and didn't make strange or fuss a bit.
At long last....I get to hold my Sunny!
Luci decided she would take a little snooze on the floor at the airport. She's got her sippy cup and the edge of her diaper..... she's all set! :)
Beautiful little Sophie, mommy Barb and Max.
Our friend and travelmate during Sonja's adoption journey Barb holding Max and her very upset daughter Sophie. Sophie didn't like the idea of mommy holding Max. She settled down shortly after Max was handed back to me. Max's new cousin Luci (with back of head to camera) is seen in the foreground.
Some of Max's New Life Adoption Agency's family. We will be forever thankful for their help!!! From left to right are Lashonna, Max being held by DeeJay and Vicky in back. What a great team. If you are thinking of adopting we highly recommend them. DeeJay also helped plan our itinerary while in Beijing. I would also highly recommend taking the Beijing tour offered by CCE inc.
Max and Grandpa at the airport. Hey, their coats match!!!
My sister and Max's Aunt Vicky.
Nana with Max at our home....FINALLY!!!
Dan told me I had to post this picture. Unless you can't tell, I have fallen asleep on the floor with my nose in one of the children's stacking blocks. In defense of this, I must say this was only after being awake for some 30 to 40 hours for our long journey home. I'm hoping I'm not the only person to do something like this. I think I will tell people that I'm doing a very close inspection of the stacking blocks.......for quality assurance of course.



No comments:
Post a Comment